Carrot and cumin puree recipe
300 gram of carrot, peeled and diced
1 teaspoon of ghee, coconut oil or butter
Tiny pinch of cumin powder
Steam the carrot for 15 to 20 minutes or until the carrot is just cooked through. Add the fat of choice and cumin powder and puree until smooth.
Baked sweet potato
(substitute the carrot)
300 gram of sweet potato, washed
½ teaspoon of ghee or coconut oil
½ teaspoon of coconut oil, extra
Tiny pinch of cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Coat the whole sweet potato in melted ghee or coconut oil.
- Place on a baking tray and bake until it is cooked through (a sharp knife meets no resistance when inserted into the fattest part of the sweet potato).
- Cool, halve and scoop out the flesh.
- Puree with the extra coconut oil and cinnamon until smooth.
If your child has rejected steamed sweet potato, try it baked. It has a different taste and texture when baked that many babies prefer.